A team of five established scholars are exploring five national cases and trying to bridge them by a comparative narrative on the history of Eastern Europe under communism.
- Bulgaria: Ivaylo Znepolski (Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Sofia)
- Czech Republic: Oldřich Tůma (Institute for Contemporary History, Prague)
- Hungary: Ádám Takács (Central European University, Budapest)
- Eastern Germany: Thomas Lindenberger (Zentrum für Zeithistorische Forschung ZZF in Potsdam)
- Poland: Dariusz Stola (Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Political Studies, Warsaw)
Junior Research Team:
- Jana Damianova (Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Theory and History of Cultura Department) – 2011-2013;
- Petya Slavova (Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Department of Sociology) – 2012-2013;
- Petya Vassileva-Grueva (Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski, RESOCEA) – 2011-2013.
RESOCEA Project Coordinator: Dimiter Dimov